need help with several issues on collabtive 2.0

Get help with problems, or report & discuss bugs in Collabtive

need help with several issues on collabtive 2.0

Postby gby123 » 27.08.2014, 18:48

Hi, I am having trouble downloading files I have uploaded into my project. I have my Collabtive running on IIS manager from Windows 7 Pro. Initially I had all my information on QNAP NAS and there everything worked perfectly.

In the IIS Manager (Windows machine) I cannot add new folder under each project (once I add folder it goes to a blank page), can’t access my uploaded files (if I try to download them again then it just gets stuck downloading and the icon over the file is a question mark instead of the file type), and the chat is not working at all (previously on the NAS, I was able to communicate with my employees but when I click on it nothing happens).

I am running phpmyadmin MySQL verson 5.6.20
Collabtive 2.0

Thanks
gby123

Re: need help with several issues on collabtive 2.0

Postby Serkol » 31.10.2014, 22:37

Same problem :( please help.
Serkol

Postby Eva » 01.11.2014, 09:16

[...] the chat is not working at all (previously on the NAS, I was able to communicate with my employees but when I click on it nothing happens)

The chat feature has been removed from Collabtive since version 2.0, since it was not maintained or used very much.
Project Management the way you like it: Collaborative - Open Source - Free

facebook.com/Collabtive
twitter.com/Collabtive
xing.com/companies/collabtive
linkedin.com/company/collabtive
Eva

Postby Philipp » 03.11.2014, 05:19

QNAP NAS Boxes are not very well supported.
It is known that Collabtive 2.0 shows some pretty severe performance issues on some QNAP boxes. That is: it can be slow to the point of not being useable.
This is because of the improved security (mostly the input filtering in this case), which is somewhat computationally demanding and the fact that QNAPs often have pretty limited/weak CPUs.

Also no one of us owns a QNAP device, and so we are unable to do any testing or bug verification on QNAP.

Similarily, IIS might not be as well supported. While it should generally work - Collabtive is developed and tested on Linux/Windows Apache Stack.
Philipp
Site Admin

Return to Problems and Bugs