[3.0] BUG (?) adding a new tasks the text filed is cut

Get help with problems, or report & discuss bugs in Collabtive

[3.0] BUG (?) adding a new tasks the text filed is cut

Postby hiorti » 21.11.2016, 04:04

Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum and to collabtive.

I have downloaded the collabtive and it looks good. Thank you developers.

One small issue that I noticed which looks like a bug. When I add a new task which includes the "&" sign or an HTML tag (i.e. a href link or <b>) ONLY the first portion of the text is saved anything after the "& or the HTML tag is deleted. Then when I edit the task and re-enter the full text it is saved without any problem.

I looked inside managetask.php code and couldn't see any problem. Did anyone experience this issue? If so can you please help?

For example, I visited
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_An ... ke_of_York
then I created a test ticket:
Title: Prince Andrew
Text: He holds the rank of commander and the honorary rank

I copied and pasted the text from the above wikipedia page: "He holds the rank of commander and the honorary rank"
where the word 'commander' is a link: <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_(Royal_Navy)">commander</a>

And when I open the ticket it reads:
Title: Prince Andrew
Text: He holds the rank of

So apparently managetask.php cuts the rest of the text.

Also, while I was doing this on the demo account on your server (http://collabtive.o-dyn.de/demo/) for the first time I had the same issue of losing the text and when I tried for the second time after I saved the ticket I got to white blank page, with the word "ok" on the top left corner. Is this a bug too?

Another issue that I had again on your site, is after I created a ticket I tired to delete the ticket and instead of getting the pop-up JavaScript asking "Really delete this item?..." on the buttom of the page in status area instead of "javascript:void(0);" I saw "javascript:confirmit('Really delete this item? Deleting cannot be undone.','managetasklist.php?action=del&amp;tlid=8956&amp;id=8489');" and the window didn't pop-up.

I hope I wasn't too confusing.

As I mentioned above, I am completely new here and I try to understand how to fix these issues and I would much appreciate any help.

Otherwise, it's a great task management and I thank developers.

Best Regards,
hiorti

P.S. - While I am testing the functionalities and adding new tasks, I noticed that when adding a new tasks that have the "&" sign in the Title filed, only the first portion of the value (until the "&" sign is saved).

And I noticed that couple of times I got to the above mentioned blank page with the word "ok" and when this happens all the entries are saved without any problem, no HTML tag problem nor the "&" sign issue.
hiorti

Re: [3.0] BUG (?) adding a new tasks the text filed is cut

Postby Eva » 06.12.2016, 20:15

Thank you for the report!
We can confirm that this is a bug.

We will look into this and keep you posted.
Project Management the way you like it: Collaborative - Open Source - Free

facebook.com/Collabtive
twitter.com/Collabtive
xing.com/companies/collabtive
linkedin.com/company/collabtive
Eva

Postby bagitom » 07.04.2017, 22:26

hello

quick&dirty solution:
change in MySQL table 'tasks' field 'text' from type text to type varchar(1000)

I think PDO prepare doesn't worsk well with text type field. I did not testet this theory, but my solution above works! That was tested.
bagitom

Postby Philipp » 24.05.2017, 02:34

Philipp
Site Admin

Postby Philipp » 24.05.2017, 06:22

Philipp
Site Admin

Return to Problems and Bugs